Upon my arrival in Morocco I did not know what to expect. I was very sceptic about this place because I have never been in this part of the world. However, I fell in love with Morocco and I left a piece of my heart there.
Undoubtedly, one of the most fascinating cities in Morocco, it is a must visit place for everyone traveling around Northern Africa.
What to see?
- Medina (the city centre) has an easy access from the airport. As soon as I arrived there, the culture shock hit me. Walking around at this place is like I have traveled back in time; donkeys hauling carts, full of small shops and lots of snake charmers. I was a bit tired because of my flight so I decided to have breakfast at one of the rooftop cafes at Medina.
- Jardin Majorelle Garden is a beautiful place and perfect escape from the madness of the Medina. The garden is well presented and very clean. The Moroccan colors bring the place alive and it is a perfect spot for taking photoshoots.
- Souks is a confusing maze of alleyways. It is very easy to get lost, which is nice when you want to explore, but if you are just trying to get back to your Riad or find a place to eat, its frustrating how easy it is to take the wrong path.
- Gueliz is completely westernized and modern part of Marrakech and perfect place for night photo shoots. If you are tired of the Medina vibe, head here. You can find a mall and many popular apparel brands.
Where to eat?
- Café Arabe – I recommend to visit this place during the sunset as you can enjoy the astonishing view over the Souks. I had dinner at Cafe Arabe on the terrace and the food was wonderful. The vibe at this place is one of a kind. Some recommendations from the menu is the Pavlova cake which was absolutely amazing.
- Nomad- I got the lamb with cous cous and it was delicious! I was not able to sit on the top deck because the place was pretty busy but I still had a nice view. Obviously, the prices are higher compared to other places in Marrakech but it is definitely worth visiting. Their mint tea was the best I had in Morocco. Try to book a table in advance because it is one of the most famous places in Marrakech.
Overall, Marrakech surprised me in so many different ways. It’s a city that everyone should visit and feel all the great emotions that I felt this week.
Oh, and If you haven’t watched my video from Morocco, then you’re seriously missing out.